Our inaugural service was held at the NC Agricultural Extension Building in Greensboro, NC, on January 11, 2009 at 3:00 pm.
Pastor Kevin L. Maxwell of City of Refuge Outreach Ministries presided over this blessed event, which included musical selections from Greater Hope Cathedral, Greensboro, North Carolina, a Prayer of Dedication by Pastor Darryl E. McConnell of Faith Baptist Church, Gibsonville, North Carolina, followed by a soul stirring solo from Brother Terry Staton of Greensboro, North Carolina.
Pastor Webb preached the sermon entitled “Deception by Conformity”.
We also have Sunday outreach services at local area businesses, such as Golden Corral, Skateland, and Celebration Station in an attempt to bring worship to those who are unable, or unwilling, to attend a traditional church service. Our themed events include Black History celebration, Women’s/Mother’s Day, Men’s/Father’s Day, End of School/Back to School cookouts, Vacation Bible School, Rainbow Tea’s, Grandparent’s Day, Bringing in the Harvest Festival, Christmas Dinner, and Watch Night service.
We also collaborate with our sister church, City of Refuge Outreach Ministries to produce two annual events, the Victory and Praise Gala, and W.O.W (Women of Worship) Conference.
An extremely special event where LFB experienced awesome growth in the past year was our Christmas Drive for the Homeless. Under the vision and dedication of Sister Linda Stacey, we were able to increase our Christmas Day distribution from less than 50 gift bags in 2009 to over 150 bags in 2010!
Several dynamic ministries are housed within LFB
- The Advisory Ministry provides guidance on all church decisions and consists of Pastor Webb, Deacon Stacey, Minister Grant, Trustee Stacey Edmondson, and Church Treasurer, Tony Staton.
- Our Women’s Ministry hosts an annual Women’s Retreat each fall
- Our Men’s Ministry hosts monthly and quarterly “fellowships” for men and boys of all ages.
- Our outstanding Youth Ministry consists of our Youth Choir, and Youth for Christ liturgical dance ministry in conjunction with youth from City of Refuge under the direction of First Lady Angela Maxwell.
- We also have our dedicated team of adults and youth participating in the Usher Ministry and on the Worship & Praise Team.
- Deacon Curtis Stacey, Trustee Stacey Edmondson, and Sister Rhonda Gant have become certified health laypersons through Moses Cone Hospital, Greensboro NC. Each Sunday, they provide the LFB family with a wealth of information during the “Healthy Living” segment of the service.
- Overseeing and guiding us with her spiritual wisdom and experience is our beloved Church Mother, Alice Laval.
New Members are Welcome
In 2010, 27 new members joined LFB, and 6 new believers were baptized. As we strive to continue the Lord’s work, we believe that our dedication to creating an open, loving atmosphere that encourages and enhances knowledge of His Word will bring forth a spirit of increase, growth and Strength for LFB. We look forward to an “UNSHAKABLE” 2011.
Stay Up to Date